vrijdag 5 februari 2010

words made of wisdom

So I'm kind of a quotenerd, sometimes words/lyrics/quotes can leave such a huge impression on me. I'm following philosophy on school and to me it's so inspiring that these old man who lived thousands of years ago, didn't had electricity/homes like we know them or any sort of certainty of life, so much yet to discovere. Still they were able to think about life, human nature and ways to live in a different way than they were used to in that time. The main goal was surviving, life was probably more simple at the time, yet more complicated I gues.. Not only philosophers but also songwriters and other artists can sometimes really blow me away with their lyrics, I read/hear it and it flies straight-up to my soul. It's a weird feeling, as if I can feel it. Here are some of my favourits:

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions.
Edgar Cayce

If there is no struggle, there is no progress.
Frederick Douglass

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living.
Gail Sheehy

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
William Shakespeare

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
Marcel Proust

Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved, I did not say so.
David Grayson

Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.
Javan

Love conquers all.
Virgil

and ofcourse every lyrics coming from caleb followil himself is a piece of masterwork, some of my fav's:

It's safe to say, if I dont get this out of me, I just might easily end up dead or just mad
Mcfearless

Hey, you know it aint coincidental that you're lost in place, it's dripping of your face and you're losing your precious mind.. well send me a postcard if you get that far
Wicker Chair

In the dark of the night I could hear you calling my name. With the hardest of hearts I still feel full of pain. So I drink and I smoke and I ask if you're ever around. Even though it was me who drove us right in the ground
Revelry

I never ever cried when I was feeling down, I've always been scared of the sound. Jesus don't love me, no one ever carries my load. I'm too young to feel this old.
Cold Desert

And so many many more!
xoxo

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten